Sunday, February 26, 2012

Y! Gallery

As most of you know, Y! Gallery has been down for almost two weeks.  I know that the volunteer database admins are working hard to get the site back up and running, but they are all doing this on their own time, so while it sucks that the site is down, since we are not paying a premium to have 24-hour tech service, we need to cut them some slack.

But even as that is, I don't know if Y! will be back up.  I know that catastrophic hardware failure is unforeseen, so there was no looking out for this, but I just don't know if it will be back.

To that end, if Y! is not up in a few weeks I will start to post censored versions of my work on my Deviant Art (DA) account with link to this blog where the uncensored version would be hosted.  I think that this would be the best way since it will still allow me to have a community view my art, while picking up pageviews for my blog.

Here's to hoping that Y! is back up and running soon and we can all get back to viewing and favoriting all of the great artists on the site.

2 comments:

DinosaurPrince said...

My position on the situation with the site has been very positive so far. You bring up a valid point and coupled with the length of time it's taking and the latest updates, I am starting to worry slightly. Someone hacked their Twitter. Did someone hack Y originally? Lord knows they have more then their share of enemies both on and off staff.

badreviews said...

I'm mostly worried about the very unprofessional rant the sysad posted on the 20th of feb:-
"...and I didn't really want to fix the site this weekend but, here we are. I'm going to go muddle out my frustration by doing something other than computer work for the rest of the weekend before I irrationally decide something either I or all of you regret."

I love Y!G and it's community but it seems the staff don't so much. :(