Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Big 3-0

Well this past Monday I turned 30.  That honestly is an odd feeling for me.  I don't feel 30, nor do I think that I look 30, though I might be on my way there...(trying to get back in shape, if I ever was there in the first place)

I sort of have been in a funk for the past few months leading to this because there has been a lot of things that I wanted to accomplish before I hit 30 and I did not do them all.  I had wanted to get in awesome shape like most of the guys I draw, I wanted to have written a novel, I wanted to have drawn a comic and sold it, etc...

While I did not get those done I have gotten to a good point.  I am financially self-sufficient, I have a job (though I hate it), I have a new vehicle, and best of all I have a man that I love who has been with me for 5 1/2 years.

My parents came over this past weekend and when I told my mom about my feeling of not accomplishing many things before 30 she gave me some pretty good advice.  She told me that your 20's are when you're investigating and still figuring things out.  In your 30's is when you accomplish things. So looking at it from that perspective I am in a vastly better position than I was at 20.  I have a good jumping off point.

It is never too late to get in shape, and you can still look youthful in your 40's and even 50's.  A novel has no timeframe and can be written anywhere and at anytime.  Plus I know that I will have someone by my side through it all.

So here's to 30.  Though I would love to be in my 20's with what I know and have now, I will look forward to what I will achieve in the next decade.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do not regret growing older. Many never get the chance.
old Irish saying

Unknown said...

Do not regret growing older. Many never get the chance.
old Irish saying