Monday, December 24, 2012

Your Nose Glows So Bright...

Rudolph

So once again Christmas time rolls around.  I hope that everyone has a great time this holiday season, I know that I am trying my hardest, though sometimes that can be very difficult.  This time of year has always been my favorite.  Of course growing up it was always about the presents, but as I got older I started to love the decorations and the music.  Hell I even start listening to the music right after Thanksgiving all the way until New Years for the most part.  Then once I moved away from my family it became even more special to me because it was one of the few times in the year that I could see all of them.

So with that I wanted to give you all a gift this year.  I tried to come up with several different ideas for themes, and a lot of them were good in my mind, but they may have been a bit too obscure for most, so I decided on Rudolph, since just about everyone knows him.  The other ideas are too good to pass up, so I will be sketching them out over the new few weeks and posting them, while they are not strictly Christmas, they are winter-time related.

I want to thank my friend GoldenPanther for helping me figure out the right pose for this one.  I had looked through my archive and found around 50 of them, but could not narrow it down.  He came to the rescue and helped me pick this one.  I do apologize if this is a little bit of a different style than my usual.  I am not in my normal working conditions.  I am using a work laptop and a small Bamboo graphics tablet, I also forgot my original lineart back home, so this was done on the fly.  Then with all of the family obligations that I need to do over these days I decided to forgo making my own background and find a photo that I liked.  I did doctor it a bit to make it fit with my theme.

Anyways I hope that you all enjoy.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Illustration (c) Aneros

No comments: