Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Update and Mass Effect

It's been a long while since I wrote anything here. The last entry was about my move to a new place. I've been here for a while and I am happy with the place.

I have been going through a lot of personal issues over the past few months, my relationship of six years came to a close at the beginning of the year. I won't go into too many details, but we did not end on a bad note, but after that long it seemed more like a marriage than just a boyfriend/boyfriend relationship. So that is one of the reasons that I have not had many drawings as I have been trying to get over it. I won't say that my work load will increase right away, but expect more stuff coming.

In a way to try and keep my mind off of my past relationship I tried to keep occupied with games. One of the games that I had gotten last year when I built my computer was the Mass Effect Trilogy. It took me a while to start playing it, but once I started I was hooked. I have to say the entire trilogy was one of the best games that I have played before. I love games that allow you to make moral choices and that those choices affect either the world around you or yourself. I usually go for evil or in the case of Mass Effect, renegade. But with Mass Effect 3 you were allowed to finally have a male/male relationship. I had gone through the previous games not having a relationship so that I could go for one of the two guys in the third game. I had the choice between Steve Cortez or Kaidan Alenko. I had originally planned to go with Kaidan, but as I played the third game I was torn with Steve as well. But in the end I chose Kaidan. So I finally got my man on man action. Though personally I would have liked to have James Vega as one of the options.

But that being said I know that there is a lot of fan fiction out there for Mass Effect and the different male/male relationships are built out. I would like to know if anyone can give me some links to any sites that host fan fiction of this nature. I would like to see what others have thought of these relationships.

Since I loved the games so much, expect to get some Mass Effect fanart at some point in the future.

No comments: