Saturday, December 24, 2016

Jack Frost - Merry Christmas

Jack Frost
I have been toying around with the idea of Jack Frost for a while now, but I could never find the right design that I wanted for him.  Well sometimes necessity is the mother of invention.  I had spent most of the beginning of December working on a piece for Class Comic's Christmas Meaty book as well as a Christmas present that needed to be done before I went out of town.

So with that, yesterday I found myself with some free time and I put this guy together.  I am using my Surface Pro to do the inking, but I still have not gotten the hang of painting with it using Clip Studio.  I usually use Photoshop when I am on a desktop, but PS doesn't really have a good tablet UI.  Seeing as how I didn't want to do a just line art piece, I decided to try cel shading, as it was something that I could do with Clip Studio, as it would be just an extension of what I normally do with my inking.  I haven't done much cel shading in the past, so this is really one of my first big ones.  I think that it came out good, though I would certainly take any sort of advice on making it better.

Jack Frost (c) - Aneros

No comments: